Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today... Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I am thinking... how extremely hot it's been here this week. It's been in the high 90's. The heat wave over 100. Very hot!

I am thankful for... air conditioning!

From the learning rooms... Spelling lessons with my 12 year old son. We've managed to squeeze in a couple lessons last night and it went well. He has a prize waiting when he completes the first level. So he's very motivated and very excited! I have a good feeling about this program, All About Spelling, and I think it's going to work! :)

From the kitchen... we'll be having roast, mashed potatoes, gravy and corn.

I am wearing... a dark denim skirt and a red shirt.

I am going... I had already gone to town yesterday after the Titus 2 meeting, so I will not be going anywhere today. I might go to the family farm which is only a mile from here. It's also where my husband works and where my older children do most of the chores.

I am reading... really nothing in particular right now.

I am hoping... the weather will cool down and to do some things that needs to be done today.

I am creating... really nothing at the moment.

I am hearing... it's pretty quiet right now. Evan is in the living room playing with his toys. The rest of the children are at the farm helping with chores.

Around the house... laundry and more laundry.

One of my favorite things... taking pictures

A few plans for the rest of the week... not much. Hoping to go to a Goat Dairy open house this Saturday. The best part is their homemade ice cream and bluegrass music! :)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

These goats belong to good friends' of mine. Yesterday, we had a Titus 2 meeting at her place and we learned about edible wild plants. I will write about our adventures along with pictures in my next post. :)

1 comment:

Grandmother Wren said...

Thank you for linking your Simple Woman’s Daybook at Grandmother Wren’s last week.
Please stop by this week and add your link again. I’d love to see this continue throughout the summer, allowing us to stay in touch with other Daybookers during Peggy’s vacation.
Please keep coming back –
And invite your friends -
I look forward to seeing you!