Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinnamon rolls

Last night, I decided that I was going to get up extra early than usual to make homemade cinnamon rolls and I did! I got up around 5:00 a.m. which is a little unusual for me. I'm usually up between 6:30 to 7:00 in the mornings. It's been awhile since I've made these sweet rolls and it's one of my husband's favorites. He was happy to wake up this morning to see freshly baked rolls. He ate a couple with a large glass of milk. :) All my children, except for Evan, ate some. He wasn't too crazy about it. I guess he didn't have the taste bud for it or just wasn't all that hungry. I took pictures while making them. I grinded the hard white spring wheat berries into flour. I was afraid that the grinder was going to wake up my little ones but it didn't, thankfully. I was able to continue to work in the quiet kitchen. :)

I just use flour, yeast, salt, butter, honey and water and let it knead in the Bosch mixer for 10 minutes. It does all the kneading for me. It's wonderful! You can do so many other things with a Bosch mixer.

I rolled it out and spread the butter, sprinkled some sugar and cinnamon over it. I used the Demerara Cane Sugar.

I rolled it up and used thread and crisscross it over and pulled it through. It sliced up really nice.

The rolls were placed in a greased pan. I used butter to grease it with, let them rise for an hour, then placed them in a preheated oven with a temperature of 350 degrees.

All nicely baked in my old 9x13 pan. I drizzled glaze over it for more sweetness taste to it. My daughter thought I should have added more glaze. So next time I will. Actually, my daughter said she'll make them next time the way she wants it, which is fine with me. :)

No comments: