Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Flowers

Today was a beautiful day. This morning, the kids and I made a trip to town to get some feed for the horses, dogs, and chickens. They were in need for something to eat! After we got home, the kids took care of the animals. I prepared lunch and made simple soft tacos with all the extras like cheese and lettuce, etc. So later this afternoon, the kids and I made another trip (yes another trip...sigh) to town to pay a couple bills, get some chicken wire, and stop by the 4-H extension office. We just realized that we missed the deadline for entering Kayla's horse for the county fair. It was due May 1st and we tried to get it turned in but the state said it was too late. We were very disappointed, so now she won't be able to show her horse. She'll still be able to do shows and stuff but just not during the county fair. I don't know how we missed it, but we did. I didn't have it on my calendar or anything. No email reminders either. I feel bad though, because horses is Kayla's favorite project.

After a few errands, we went over to a bulk food and greenhouse store to get some flowers and brought home a hanging basket and some extra plants that will be planted in a half-barrel. I've been aching to dress up my porch with flowers and finally got some. :) It's calling for more rain this week and don't know when we'll ever get a garden in. It's getting depressing!

In this basket are Lemon Symphony, Dream Kisses Orange Sunset (Calibrachoa), and Bacopa Taifun Blue


These are the extra plants that will be planted in a half-barrel tomorrow and have it sitting by the porch. :)

No comments: