For today... May 11, 2009
Outside my window... it is sunny and beautiful! Right now it's 68 degrees.
I am thinking...how nice it would be to have my older kids to help out around the house without having to tell them what to do.
From the learning rooms... Ethan did his Math-U-See primer this morning and he loves his new math. Clay will continue to do school this summer when he can. I received some stuff from AVKO the other day and Clay will be doing his spelling and writing lessons. He works hard at the farm during the summer, so hopefully we'll be able to squeeze some lessons in. The AVKO is intrinsically multi-sensory. A (Audio), V (Visual), K (Kinesthetic), O (Oral).
From the kitchen... right now the kitchen is a mess and I will get busy cleaning it up after I post this.
I am reading... still reading The First Place 4 Health by Carole Lewis. I'm still in the first chapter, so I'm a bit slow at reading it. I have a couple other books that I plan to read when I finish this one. One is called The Way of the Master by Ray Comfort and the other one is called The School of Biblical Evangelism by Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort. This book has 101 lessons on how to share your faith simply, effectively, biblically...the way Jesus did.
I am hoping... to have a good week!
I am hearing... Evan playing with his magnetic farm book.
Around the house... nothing much exciting around the house right now. Steve plans to finish up the sump pump in the basement, cover up the hole and put a pipe in the ground to drain out. Right now, it's pumping out with the water hose. With all the rain we've had over the weekend, our basement stayed dried and I'm very thankful!
One of my favorite things... is seeing pretty flowers in bloom.
A few plans for the rest of the week... to get our truck inspected and visit the license office to get the license plates renewed. It was due in April and I just completely forgot about it. So looks like I'll have to pay extra for being late, which is a bummer.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

1 comment:
What a beautiful blog, and I really like all of your pictures. Your flowers are beautiful, and I hope all of the things you planted in the garden made it!
Post a Comment