Friday, May 8, 2009

Beautiful day!

Well, after all this heavy rain we've had this morning, it turned out to be a beautiful day! The water went down, I'm guessing 2 or 3 hours later, and it looked like nothing ever happened. I find it a little strange. According to the weather forecast, we were suppose to have 80% chance of more rain today, but it never did come...which is good! It's still calling for 30% chance of showers Sunday though. Later this afternoon, my daughter and I went out and planted flowers in the barrel and finished planting the vegetables in the garden. It was a bit muddy but we went ahead and put them in. We cut out the bottoms of the ice cream buckets and placed them over the plants to give them extra protection. I was worried about the dogs stepping on the plants and breaking them. I will eventually replace the buckets and put wire cages over the plants for extra support.

Well here are the pictures of what it looks like now after all the rain we've had this morning. If you haven't seen the previous post of the flood. Scroll down and take a look of what it looked like before.



No comments: