Friday, May 8, 2009

Flood

We had awoken this morning with heavy rain and thunderstorm with very strong winds. This is probably the worst thunderstorm we've had this year with the most flood of water around our place. I've taken some pictures of what it looked like this morning. Some pictures aren't that great as it was still raining.

Water flooding in the creek. The little white building is our chicken coop. We cleaned it out the other day and we were waiting for it to dry out some so we can put some gravel in there, but looks like we'll have to wait awhile longer.

I finally tilled my garden and planted some vegetables yesterday and I hope the storm didn't hurt it much. Kayla helped me with the planting. We used gallon size ice cream buckets to cover the tomatoes and peppers. I still have about 3 or 4 tomato plants that aren't covered because I didn't have enough buckets. So hopefully it'll be okay. I also planted contender green beans. They may have washed out, but I guess we'll see. I still have more to plant like butternut squash, spaghetti squash, zucchini and watermelon. I'm just glad I didn't plant those yesterday.

The dog houses were flooded. We had 4 labs in there this morning and I heard them crying for help and trying to get out. My son quickly rescued them and now they're out running around.

Our cows walking across the water to get on drier land. The calves didn't know what to think. They hesitated but they finally swam across to be with the others.

It's suppose to rain more today and Sunday. God is in control, so I guess there's a reason for all this rain. A good friend of mine had mentioned that if it rains on Easter, then it'll rain the next 7 Sundays. So far it has rained the last 3 Sundays and it's calling for more rain this Sunday. I asked my mother-in-law if she heard such a thing and yep she said that's true.

Well I hope you all have a good weekend.

To see other show n' tells, go and visit Mary at Raising 4 Godly Men!

5 comments:

Tina said...

Wow! And I am complaining of the rain...Praying for you to be dry!

The Old Parsonage said...

Oh my, I hope the waters receed soon.

Remember the sun needs the rain for the rainbow to be!

Leann

Jennifer Hoots said...

I am glad the animals made it to safety. That's a lot of rain.
Jenn
www.homeschoolblogger.com/jenn4him

Mary @Raising 4 Godly Men said...

Wow and I thought we had lots of rain. [0= I pray that all falls into place. ((hugs)) Is this abnormal for where you are ? I am seeing that this spring is a cold this year. You have a very beautiful piece of property that God has blessed you with.

Blessings In Him <><
-Mary

Angela said...

Oh my! I'm not sure what state you live in but here in West Virginia our creeks have been flooding off and on for the past couple of weeks. Tonight is the first night it hasn't rained a at least a week! I have some pictures of our neighbor's field full of flood water and what it should look like without all of that water on my blog.

I feel bad for your poor doggies and your cows!

God Bless!
Angela